Electronic Equipment Insurance
This policy is suitable for electronic equipment like computers, industrial electronic machines and sophisticated medical equipment. It encompasses perils like Fire, Burglary, Acts of God and Accidents.
The Insurance Policy broadly covers material damage to electronic equipment (which can include systems software) due to sudden and unforeseen events, under Section I, cost of external data media, including cost of reconstruction of data under Section II, as also increased cost of working under Section III. While Section I is compulsory, Section II and Section III are optional.
- The Insurance Policy does not cover losses/ damages due to wear & tear, war, wilful act or wilful negligence, aesthetic defects and consequential loss.
- Section I: New Replacement cost of the insured property including Freight, Erection cost, Customs Duty, if any.
- Section II: Cost of restoring the external data media by replacing lost or damaged data media by new material and lost information.
- Section III: Sum Insured should represent the hiring charges per hour for a substitute equipment for ensuring continued data processing for the period of indemnity specified, including personnel and transportation charges.
- Rate of Premium: 1 % - For equipments valued more than Rs 1,00,000, a valid maintenance agreement is required to be in force, failing which 100 % loading is attracted
- Policy is subject to compulsory excess. Excess depends upon value of equipment. Separate excess applies to Winchester Drive. Higher voluntary excess qualifies for reduction in premium level.