This is a Life Insurance cover which may be extended to the employees at a very competitive premium rate.
- All full-time, actively at work, permanent employees or employees on probation intended to become permanent on completion of probation in the relevant age group.
- Benefits under a group policy are typically a flat sum or graded according to job status.The policy provides for payment of a lump sum payment to the insured’s nominated beneficiary in the event of death due to natural causes, illness or accident. Cover applies on a worldwide and 24-hours basis.
- The main exclusion is suicide in the first year of member coverage. If the insured member, whether sane or insane, commits suicide within one year from his/her effective date of coverage, the death benefit will be limited to a refund of premium paid for that insured member without interest.
- Accidental Death Benefit – This rider provides a lump sum payment in the event of death due to accident only.
- Accidental Dismemberment and Total Permanent Disability – This rider provides a sump sum payment based on the schedule of indemnities in the event of Accidental Dismemberment (as a result of accidental bodily injuries) such as loss or limbs, speech, hearing eyesight, etc. also if as a result of an accident, an insured member is totally and permanently disabled and prevented from engaging in any gainful occupation or employment for the remainder of his/her lifetime, a sump sum is payable.
- Terminal Illness Benefit – The policy offers an optional benefit whereby an advance payment of part of the Sum Insured may be made in the event that an Insured Employee is diagnosed with a terminal illness, such that, life expectancy is unquestionably short.