This is a policy for persons undertaking overseas travel. The policy provides cover for emergency medical expenses incurred in relation to bodily injury, sickness disease or death outside the Republic of India and for repatriation of the Insured Person during the period of insurance. It also provides for personal accident cover and other travel related losses.
The following two types of policies are available
SINGLE TRIP POLICY :
- Corporate: The cover includes persons up to 70 years of age and can be issued up to a maximum of 180 days per trip.
- Individuals: The cover includes person within 5 to 70 years of age. However, accompanying children between 6 months to 5 years of age will be covered subject to exclusion of childhood diseases. Policies can be issued up to maximum of 90 days per trip.
ANNUAL POLICY :
- Corporate: The cover includes persons up to 70 years of age. Any number of foreign trips undertaken during the period of insurance is covered. However, the maximum number of days in any trip should not be more than 30/45 days.
- TPre-existing conditions. However policy will pay for medical assistance rendered under lifethreatening situation and to relieve acute pain.
- Pregnancy related expenses
- Travel against medical advice
- Partial losses in checked-in baggage
- Suicide, HIV/AIDS, alcoholism, drunkenness depression etc.
Two plans are available based on destination of travel
- Worldwide excluding USA & Canada
- Worldwide including USA & Canada OVERSEAS